Camps are co-ed and grades are based on the 2023-24 school year.
This camp is designed to develop and improve each participant’s fundamental understanding of 5-on-5 basketball. The format for this camp will be very heavily focused on 5-on-5 play with participants playing 20-minute games, sitting for 20 minutes, and then playing again for 20 minutes. Drills may be inserted between games as needed to teach in-game skills.
We will challenge players of every skill level, from beginners to the most skilled players. We will especially focus on the following aspects of 5-on-5 basketball:
- Understanding and executing simple offensive strategies, including passing and cutting, ball movement, etc.
- Develop fundamental man-to-man, and simple zone, defensive skills and strategies
- Develop individual and team rebounding strategies and techniques
- Teach players the importance of teamwork and unselfish play, moving without the ball, setting good screens, etc.
- Understanding the rules of the game
- In-game training will be designed to increase each participant’s overall basketball IQ
Player to trainer ratio will be 10:1 or less.
Grades: 4-8 (as of fall 2023)
Location: Legacy Hoops Basketball Academy, 1002 2nd St NE, Hopkins, MN 55343
Cost: $275 (includes a Legacy Hoops T-Shirt)